All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or authorized to work in the U.S.
FTS offers a very attractive compensation package commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Please apply through our portal at Bamboo HR: https://fts.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Current Opportunities: In New York, Fort Lauderdale, Stamford and Boston
Tax Associates serve as members of various client service teams and receive both formal and on-the-job training to hone and develop their technical skills. In addition to the preparation of tax returns, associates also participate in the tax planning and consultation process for clients. Tax Associates are also responsible for basic tax research.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related degree and/or an advanced degree in Accounting, Taxation, JD or L.L.M.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0; Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Initiative to seek out opportunities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel
- Ability to interact with and gain the respect of all levels of internal and client personnel
Tax Seniors serve as members of various client service teams and must possess strong technical knowledge of tax planning, consulting, and compliance related to alternative investments for both national and foreign companies. In addition to the preparation and review of tax returns, Senior Associates assist Managers in identifying client issues and communicating with clients and financial management. Senior Associates must possess and maintain strong written and oral presentation skills, conduct research on various client issues, and supervise Associates.
- 1-5 years of fund accounting or partnership taxation experience
- Strong computer skills with strengths in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with fund accounting/tax software (Advent Geneva, NTAS, Profx, FastTax) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of foreign reporting requirements a plus
- Excellent Research and Writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or other appropriate certification a plus
The level of experience and qualifications will dictate whether the candidates will be considered for a Fund Accountant or a Senior Fund Accountant position.
The Tax manager will participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving staffing issues.
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service. Team with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
- Determine all information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance products within the budget. Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information. Determine areas of exposure and adapt to challenges in the compliance process.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and on-the-job training, and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Keep team members informed of work status.
- Bachelor's Degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience
- A degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field
- An advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable
- CPA certification, Enrolled Agent, or JD
- Big 4 experience a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of Alternative Investment Fund tax experience or equivalent experience in business or the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and some exposure to state and local tax. excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Some travel may be required
FTS Tax Directors manage and supervise other team members. Directors must possess strong technical knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) and partnership tax planning, consulting, compliance and provision work. Directors participate in identifying and communicating complex client issues to client senior management. Directors must have effective communication skills and strong written and oral presentation skills. Experience in the following areas a plus: accounting for income taxes; choice of entity planning; foreign entity restructuring/planning; FBAR; FATCA; S corporation conversion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Advanced credential required (i.e. CPA or JD)
- 8+ years relevant work experience with an accounting firm, including at least 4 years of AIF experience, preferably with a public accounting firm
- Strong technical knowledge of complex tax issues
- Proven leadership and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a natural facilitator
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Tax Manager - Merger and Acquisitions
FTS is looking for a dynamic M&A Lead Tax Manager to join our national Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Tax group. This is a rapidly growing consulting practice with significant advancement opportunities. We advise multinational corporations, privately held companies, partnerships, and private equity firms on the tax aspects of planning, structuring, and executing M&A transactions.
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Work with and assist other senior members of the M&A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with consolidated returns, S Corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Assist clients with reorganizations, bankruptcy emergence planning, out of court workouts, debt restructurings, tax basis, Earning and Profits, and Section 382 studies
- Develop, motivate, and train team members
- 5+ years of federal tax with mergers and acquisition experience in a public accounting firm, a corporate tax department, or a law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA or J.D./LL.M
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
- Ability to handle multiple engagements
- Excellent research and writing skills
Tax Manager - Private Client Services / High Net Worth Tax Practice
Private Client Service (PCS) Tax Managers serve as members of various client service teams and must possess strong technical knowledge of individual, trust and partnership income tax planning, consulting and compliance. Experience with estate and gift tax planning is a plus. In addition to the preparation and review of tax returns, Tax Managers participate in identifying client issues and communicating with clients and financial managers. Managers must possess and maintain strong written and oral presentation skills, conduct research on various client issues, and supervise Associates and Senior Associates. Participation in the professional growth and development of Associates and Senior Associates is also a key component of Managers’ responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree required; Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred, minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Advanced credential allowing for client representation before the Internal Revenue Service required (i.e. CPA or JD);
- At least 5 years relevant work experience with an accounting or law firm, including at least 3 years of PCS experience;
- Leadership and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a natural facilitator;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; and
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel.
FTS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.